Monday, December 16, 2013

Prodigal God

Sometimes in disbelief I used read God's promises in the Bible to give, give and give... adoption as God's children (Ephesians 1:5), resurrection (1Corinthians 15), glorious inheritance (Ephesians 1:18), a new world without pain or death, or sickness or sorrow (Revelation 21:1-4)...the list goes on and on. But now as a dad I have a better understanding of God's heart for his children. Tomorrow is my beloved daughter's birthday. My wife has wrapped four sizable gifts, and here I am asking are these four gifts enough. It just does not seem enough, because I want to give her so much more. Therefore now I believe. Romans 8:32: "He who did not withhold his Son, but gave him up for all of us, will he not with him also give us everything else?"

No comments:

Post a Comment